Atlanta, GA | Full Time | On-Site
Status and Labor Grade: (Salaried) DOE
Primary: Preconstruction Manager
Secondary: Sr. VP of Construction
Personnel under Leadership: NA
The Estimator is responsible for preforming quantitative take offs of assigned items within the projects, preparing cost estimates for construction projects, or services, to aid management in due diligence and project feasibility studies, subcontractor bid analysis, determining market prices, and evaluation of design drawings. Preparation of cost estimates as well project budgets is accomplished by means of quantifying construction documents as to material requirements.
CORE FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day to day activities:
Project Organization – assist Preconstruction Manager with project meetings and setting milestone schedules.
Responsible for preparing quantity takeoffs for material and labor for each scope of each division of project.
Responsible for completing standard estimating forms detailing unit costs and quantities.
Utilizing bid scopes prepared by the PX and Field teams, responsible for soliciting and analyzing bids from subcontractors and vendors and preparing appropriate spread sheet to aid in this process.
Responsible for preparing bid proposal and submittal forms.
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of contract documents as well as purchase orders.
Coordinates with department personnel to assist them in establishing the project scope and standards of construction.
Prepares preliminary estimates based upon historical costs and current market conditions as well as site specific parameters for planning purposes.
Assists the Preconstruction Manager in soliciting required costs for change orders due to design changes, code changes, and unanticipated field construction conditions.
Assists in the preparation of change orders and purchase orders on an as needed basis.
As market conditions dictate, assist the Preconstruction Manager in researching suitable alternative materials due to escalating costs driven by availability and or fluctuating commodity pricing.
Preparation of project budgets based upon contracted costs.
Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators in material delivery schedules.
Assist in value engineering analysis and specification of materials.
Research and keep abreast of changing markets and supply chains.
Monitor design addendums and manage design changes as it relates contract documentation as well as affected costs driven by same.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 3-5+ Years job related experience strongly desired
• Experience managing the project development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control)
• Planswift Estimating Software Experience Required
• Experience with, and a solid understanding of, scheduling, estimating, budgeting and quality control
• Ability to manage through conflict, complexity and problem-solve issues to resolution
• Exposure to and experience with negotiation and hiring of outside vendors, professional contractors
• Experience in the contract administration process (contacts, understanding of professional fees)
• Ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator.
• Computer literacy (Word, E-Mail) with strong skills in preparation of Excel documents, formulas and analytical tools.
• Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment